Explore with us
Black Shore is a quirky and characterful community of businesses, quite different from the rest of Southwold. It’s still a working harbour and boasts the best sunsets in the area. Have fun exploring it and then you can nip over to Walberswick or stroll up to Southwold’s high street.
Our top 5 things to do in the area are…
- Buy some hyper-local produce – Fresh fish caught daily from Samantha K’s on Black Shore is fabulous, it’s just next door to the Sailing Club.
- Crabbing – We can arm you with crabbing nets, buckets and bait, give it a go, it’s lot of fun – just past the ferry is the best spot.
- Take a trip on the Coastal Voyager – this is a real blast literally, enjoy seal spotting or up the Blyth towards Blythburgh. (www.coastalvoyager.co.uk)
- Cross the Bailey Bridge to Walberswick – explore this quaint and usually quiet village and treat yourself to dinner at The Bell (https://bellinnwalberswick.co.uk/)
- Enjoy a brewery or distillery tour – Find out what goes into every glass of Adnams, by taking a tour and enjoy a taste too.(www.adnams.co.uk/experiences)
- Retail therapy in Southwold – try out the pretty boutiques on Southwold’s High Street and maybe have a cocktail at The Swan after